Speakers: Ms Tayla Atkinson (Adelaide Vet),
Date: Saturday 31st August 2019
Time: 9am - 5pm; Registration from 8:30am
Venue: Rydges South Bank, Adelaide CBD
Platinum Member: $180 (incl.GST) Non-Member: $225 (incl.GST)
Join us for an interesting and interactive day of clinical nutrition!
Veterinary nurses are asked about nutrition on a daily basis - clients have questions on which diets to feed, how to get their pet to lose weight, which ingredients to avoid....are you confident how to answer all these questions?
Clinical Nutrition for Veterinary Nurses will give you an insight into the pet food industry. How diets are formulated and what ingredients are included and why. We will try to banish some of the myths out there regarding feeding of grains (or not!) and raw vs cooked diets. We will look in detail at the prescription diets available and how they can be used to help manage certain conditions, including how to set up nurse clinics. We will also cover nutritional management of the sick or hospitalised patient.
Topics to be covered include:
- Dietary requirements and Energy requirements
- Understanding ingredients lists and nutritional analysis
- Use of diet as part of a treatment plan:
- Renal disease
- Liver disease
- Skin disease and IBD
- Weight Clinics
- Nutritional Truths - banishing the myths!
With an improved understanding of clinical nutrition and formulation of diets, you will feel confident when answering those difficult client questions, plus have the ability to give advice on a wide range of clinical conditions. With these tools, you will be able to set up nurse clinics within your practice, and give an improved level of care to hospitalised patients.
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of nutritional requirements, and available diets for well and unwell patient, so that you can give appropriate advice to clients.
- Be able to provide exceptional client and patient care in a range of situations including hospitalised patients, through nurse clinics, and through verbal and written advice answering client queries
- Develop problem solving skills to determine the best diet for a particular case, taking into consideration all factors (including dietary requirements, and owner and patient factors), thus improving clinical outcomes and your career satisfaction.
- Be able to read and understand nutritional information on pet food packaging, and give client advice about whether it is appropriate for that particular pet.
Disclaimer: Minimum delegate numbers are required for this event. Platinum CPD PTY LTD thereby reserves the right to cancel this event if the minimum number is not achieved. In the event of a cancellation, all course fees will be refunded in full.